Frecuently Asked Questions: Gift Cards
How do I buy a Gift Card to use today?
We offer two convenient ways to purchase a Gift Card today. Visit our Gift Cards page to learn more.
Gift Cards may be purchased at any U.S. IHOP® location. If you have time for your Gift Card to be mailed to you, please use our secure online ordering system.
Digital Gift Cards may be purchased directly from our website, and given instantly. Simply fill out the information requested and send to any email address. You can even personalize your Gift Card design with images, audio, mobile phone messaging and even post a notification on Facebook. Get your Digital Gift Card now.
Can I mail a Gift Card to another person?
Gift Card orders can be shipped to any Canada address. Cards shipped via UPS cannot be delivered to a P.O. Box address.
How long will it take to get my Gift Card?
Gift Card orders for physical cards that are received from our website will process & ship within two days of the order being received. There are several shipping options for your convenience ranging from standard mail to overnight delivery.
Digital Gift Cards can be processed and printed immediately or sent at a future date.Get your Digital Gift Card now.
Can I print a Gift Card for immediate use?
Absolutely. Our Digital Gift Cards make it easy to order and print immediately. Follow our order process and send your Digital Gift Card to any email address. Once you receive our email message, print out the Digital Gift Card and take into any IHOP® to redeem. Get your Digital Gift Card now.
Can Gift Cards be purchased over the phone?
No. For your security we do not accept orders over the phone. Cards may be purchased via our secure website or at any IHOP® restaurant.
Do Gift Cards ever expire or decline in value?
IHOP Gift Cards never expire and they do not decrease in value.
Can I reload or add to an existing Gift Card?
Unfortunately, IHOP Gift Cards cannot be revalued. But we will be happy to sell you another one.
What should I do if I lose my Gift Card?
In the event that you do lose your card, call us at 1-866-444-5144. Please have your card number or the receipt available when calling.
I live outside the United States. Can I order a Gift Card online?
For your convenience, we offer digital gift cards that you can order and print online. Simply follow the order process to print your digital gift card. If you prefer a plastic Card, please contact email@example.com. We have a customer order form that can be completed for your purchase.
Please note that Gift Cards purchased in either Canada or the U.S. are accepted in both countries. Cross-acceptance and cross-currency redemption is only possible between Canada and the U.S. at this time.
Can I use a gift card to purchase a gift card?
IHOP gift cards are not redeemable for IHOP gift cards.
GIFT CARD FRAUD
How to Avoid and Report Fraudulent and Suspicious Gift Card Activity
- IHOP Gift Cards are available for purchase in-restaurant, on ihop.ca and at other various retailers.
- IHOP has many partners distributing digital and plastic gift cards.
- IHOP Gift cards are only applicable and eligible for purchases at IHOP restaurants locations. Other businesses do not accept payments in the form of IHOP Gift Cards.
- Do not purchase an IHOP Gift Card if the packaging appears to be manipulated, ripped or altered, or the PIN has been scratched off. If you notice anything suspicious about the packaging of an IHOP Gift Card, bring it up with the store management.
- Do not divulge your IHOP Gift Card number or PIN to anyone.
- IHOP Gift Cards can only be used at IHOP Restaurants and on ihop.ca.
- Legitimate businesses other than IHOP restaurants do not accept payments in the form of IHOP Gift Cards. For instance, you will never be asked to pay your utility bills, bail money, debt collection and hospital bills with IHOP Gift Cards.
- If you get a call from a stranger who says that a loved one is in trouble and they ask you to provide IHOP Gift Card numbers to help them, we recommend you hang up and contact your loved one directly.
- IHOP Gift Cards are not free. Be mindful on clicking and responding to ads and websites that offer free or discounted Gift Cards. These are scams.